Sunday, August 30, 2009

finished, begun and back to school

another afghan square complete!

this makes 14 in the current bunch

I'm thinking it's time to start looking for a box to stick these in and get them shipped off

I started another one too

In other knitting news, I'm now working on the hood for the sweater I'm making --- and it's looking good!

The other day I got a new dishrag pattern that I want to try out --- when I pulled out the bag of cotton yarn to start, I discovered that I was supposed to be working on another project -- oops! Guess I'll be doing that one soon too.

This drawing is the beginning of a new baby quilt.

Yesterday the DH got a note from his oldest daughter (my step-daughter) telling us that her oldest girl is having another baby in December

I made a quilt with lambs on it for the first baby (along with a knitted lamb toy), so I think I'll put the kitties on this one (we've been told that the baby is a girl)

I'll be spending some time going through the fabrics I have on hand to see if I can't do a lot of this without spending any money for anything

Other quilting news -- the quilting on the mystery Christmas quilt is moving right along and is about 2/3 finished (and I got the binding cut!)

In the fall we go back to school!

Over at Travelin Oma Marty is going to do a 12 week class right out here in the comfort of Blogland!

I signed up

I've got my bookbag packed, my pencils are sharpened, my notebook is full of fresh paper, my lunch is packed

Want to come along? It's going to be fun!

You can sign up too by using the link there and posting a comment on her post (be sure to tell her I sent you, so I can get extra credit!!)

Hope to see you in class!!

No comments: