Thursday, August 20, 2009

a new project -- maybe

since the bank building piece is now ready to be framed I decided to do the drawing for the piece I'd like to do next

next step is putting it on the stabilizer and picking out the materials

the plan is to use a piece of the shimmery fabric that I used on the last piece for the same look of glass in this piece --- there are windows at the top and the bottom of the building, including in the door

I discovered when I did the drawing and was looking closely at the pictures that this building was actually the Department of Health.

the next question is if I actually have enough materials on hand to even begin this piece --- that little shopping trip the other day may well be the last for a long time for art materials -- the onslaught of medical bills has begun, and it isn't pretty

finished another afghan square for charity -- that makes 11

also started another one, which is progressing nicely


started the button band on the sweater I'm knitting -- the original pattern was for a pullover which I'm attempting to turn into a hooded cardigan, so from here on I'm "wingin' it' -- so far so good

time to get to it

No comments: