Friday, August 07, 2009

some more pieces complete

the quilting is done and the edges have all been trimmed up

the fabric for the binding has all been cut too, so I'll be starting on that part today

and it's time to go hunting for a dowel rod for supporting the top edge







finished up the second of the three leaf blocks too

this one even has a "hole" in the leaf

the next block is more complex -- a maple leaf (which has more cuts and points) and some maple seeds -- so the applique of that one will be a bit more complicated (which is why I saved it for last)





how about this elephant?

I did this drawing last night

I'm planning to cut a rubber stamp of this drawing to create another "Out of Africa" piece to go with the giraffe and the zebras

now and then I do something that when I look at it later the feeling can best be described as "did I do that?" --- this drawing is one of those

having fun with this project!!

No comments: