Thursday, August 06, 2009

like I needed another project?

I've been working on redesigning my website to include ALL of the many things that I create (the idea of setting up a separate site for each of the many things we dabble in would have me spending all of my time writing web code and leave no time for creating)

anyway, yesterday I was looking over all of the bags I have to put on the website, I found this one (which I had forgotten about)

I love the fabric of this bag --- it's a heavy upholstery fabric with a large floral print --- it's a cream colored background with pink and peach colored flowers and green leaf accents.

Like I said, it's pretty, but it's just fabric, and it just begs for some sort of embellishing



I had originally done a little bit of bead embellishing, but it just isn't doing it for me

so, yesterday afternoon I went through my beads and pulled out beads in the right colors that are flowers and butterflies and found one ladybug bead too

I'll have to take the lining out of the bag so I can do the stitching, and I may put some batting between the two layers when I put it back together

anyway this should be a fun project

meantime, I have almost finished quilting the zebra piece and the second leaf block is ready for the embroidery work

it's amazing how much work I can get done while I'm just sitting in my chair!

oh yeah, I'm pretty sure the next "Out of Africa" piece will be an elephant --- I'm doing "mind drawings" already

No comments: