Saturday, August 08, 2009

rollin' along

more progress has been made on the bank --- the only thing left to do on this is the marble blocks around the triangular piece at the top (and the grout strips)

looks like this piece will be done by the end of next week --- which means I'll be thinking about matting and framing then


the binding has been attached to the zebra piece, needs the hanging loops to be stitched in as I finish the back edge of the binding then I'll be heading off to somewhere for a .25 inch dowel rod for the hanging rod ---

guess it's time to spend some time working on the beaded beads for the zebra and the giraffe pieces ---- and to cut the stamp for the elephant

the final leaf block has all been kitted up, so I may be working on that today -- we'll see

I'm going to have a houseful of people today --- my daughter and her husband are bringing the quilt I made for him so I can enter it in the State Fair (those entries go to the Fair next Friday), and my sister is bringing me a box of peaches --- this is a test for me --- usually I would be flying around the house cleaning, vaccuuming, mopping --- none of which am I allowed to do yet --- I did give the bathroom a "lick and a promise" cleaning and put down a clean bathmat --- that's it folks!

No comments: