Monday, October 12, 2009

My quilt is going to to Houston!

I am so thrilled!

Earlier this year, I donated this little art quilt to The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.

They are taking 1077 of these little quilts to the Houston International Quilt Festival which takes place this coming weekend.

My little offering is one of them.

I am so thrilled! They are going to try to post pictures of the folks that purchase each of these 1077 quilts, and I'm looking forward to seeing who gets mine.

I experimented with a new recipe.

If you'd like to try this yourself, you can use this link to see the recipe over in Hattie's Kitchen.





After two days of fog and really cold temperatures, this is what the whole yard looks like.

Each and every blade of grass totally encased in a coat of ice making them look twice as big as they are and somehow fuzzy

I am happy to say that we have sunshine this morning -- I can only handle so many days of that gray before I start feeling "gray" too

Today being Monday I'm working on the usual chores -- laundry especially (when we hit cold weather there are at least 4 loads a week and sometimes more) and in between I hope to start getting the newly dyed wool rolled into balls for knitting.

Last night I started yet another Christmas knitting project -- moving right along!

time to get to it

No comments: