Thursday, August 12, 2010

did that speed sign say 4.5 mph?

we took the items for the State Fair in yesterday

its just down the road a piece -- usually we can do the round trip for this purpose in a couple of hours

heh, not so much

they are in the middle of a major road reconstruction project and we crawled along for what seemed like F O R E V E R ! (which means when we make the next two trips down there -- for the viewing of the fair and the pick up of stuff -- I'll be getting a map for an alternate route!!)

the up side to that is I got a lot of knitting done on this next project -- which I started in the car on the way down there

I need to knit faster, however, because I'm dangerously close to not having enough yarn in the one skein I bought to finish it --- AAARRGGGHH!!

(faster, must knit faster! -- and with my fingers crossed)
another block for the baby quilt is complete!

this is "the puppy"

the right hand side of the fantasy quilt is filling right up!


I have only the bottom edge of the big redwood tree left to attach -- so cutting of branches might actually happen today -- most exciting

but first there is lawn mowing to do

and this evening I have a guild meeting -- one that I'm really looking forward to

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

It's a dog-meet-dog world.