Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Doing a VERY happy dance

if you've been reading here for a while you may remember this

it is the wall hanging I made for the 2010 Hoffman Challenge

last night the DH asked me if I had heard anything about the judging on this piece yet

I hadn't, so this morning I went to the website to check it out

heh, well, let us say there was shouting

I made the list for the traveling exhibits

the prize winners will be posted in the next week or so, but I'm just thrilled -- especially since this is the first time I've ever entered this competition

(and if I wanted confirmation that I'm finally working in the right art form, I guess this is it!)
no, I hadn't forgotten about this quilt project -- I've just been trying to get stuff done for this year's fair!

finished up the little elephant last night -- I had most of it done over the weekend but had forgotten to take the embroidery floss with me to my daughter's so I couldn't do the embroidery work then

and here is the growing color quilt map

about half of the owl block is done too

finished knitting this last night

(in fact, as I type this, it is in the washer with half a dozen pair of blue jeans)

hopefully the felting part will go well and I'll be on to the next one

(oh yeah, there's still the installing of the zipper to do too, but the key thing is how well it felts)





and one more afghan square complete


onward!!

No comments: