Thursday, September 23, 2010

just sitting around eating bonbons -- NOT

the items for the show I'll be doing are adding up!

these two pieces featuring holly leaves are all finished now

the one on the rod proved to be the most difficult -- couldn't seem to get the loops all the same length!

the second one has a "hanging ring" in the corner, which looks pretty good too

and this piece is all finished up now too

I'm still working on the quilting of the third one of these

looking good

yesterday I spent some time working on creating the tags for all of these bigger pieces so I can get them boxed up and ready to do next week




this piece is finally finished too

I had finished the bag part quite a while ago, and had even felted the handle, just hadn't gotten it all together

so yesterday I made a trip to the fabric store and picked up a card of bright orange buttons -- a perfect match!

the handle is attached with one button on one side and two buttons on the other -- I like that asymmetrical look

and I strung together some purple and orange beads to create the zipper pull too
one more mitten complete!!

this is the first of the navy blue ones -- the same size as the larger off white

one more navy one to do then on to the pair (smaller) of light blue ones

this fence knitting is rolling along


while I was in the fabric store for those buttons, this fabric just hopped into my cart

I'm going to use it for the back of the baby quilt I'm working on

and yesterday I did some fiddling with my printer and one of my software programs and discovered that yes indeed, I could take an 8 1/2 by 11 drawing and have it printed out as a 44 x 66 drawing and all the pages are in the proper sequence for me to just tape them all together for the full size pattern

WHOOT!

this will be useful for the baby quilt so I can cut the proper size strips to put the whole top together

for other projects it will be wonderful for creating the actual patterns

got to love learning how to use the technology!!

so today's agenda includes work in the garden, a trip to the hardware store for winter fertilizer (yes, last week it was 90 degrees -- last night there was snow on the higher peaks!), then back into the studio to work on projects

rollin', rollin', rollin'

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I like that the wallhanging leaf quilt is hanging from a polished stick. Nice touch.