Tuesday, September 28, 2010

longing to get into the studio to play

my friend from California sent me this picture

it was in an advertisement she got for a magazine, and she thought I'd enjoy seeing it

cool

and of course I'm right away thinking about the Out of Africa series that I have started and want to get back to

soon -- I hope

today we head off to our daughter's who is letting us use her house as a "crash pad" of sorts while I do the charity auction final details -- then the auction is on Saturday evening -- and we're DONE!

while we're there I will also be taking my boutique items to the store in Fort Collins -- I thought it would be good to do that without making an extra trip

so right now the "staging area" around the front door looks like we're running away from home with the boxes for the boutique and the boxes for the auction plus whatever the two of us and the dog need in a week --

I started quilting on the baby quilt last night -- I've decided on a very basic cross hatch quilting pattern -- the new Sulky thread I got yesterday (in a bright sunny yellow) is nice -- slides through the fabric and the bamboo/cotton batting like a hot knife through butter -- and I think my stitches look smaller than my usual -- cool

the quilt and the "hats for fencing" knitting are going with me -- and on Sunday my daughter and I will work on baby shower invitations -- fun

time to pack up the computer!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Have fun!