Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Animal Quilt

it's all finished except for the label -- which can't be done until the baby actually gets here since I want to put a date on it

this came out amazingly well -- especially considering that the layout ended up being totally changed (which also explains why it is in no way any kind of standard size!)

the batting that I used was 50% cotton and 50% bamboo, and it quilted up beautifully -- now we just hope it stands up as well as the Warm and Natural batting I have used in several other quilts


since this one is done, I have started spending time on the Trees project again -- good to get back to it and to think about the new techniques I'll be experimenting with to finish it

I'm also working on creating patterns for a couple of our designs since I've had several people ask -- this is a whole other project that I'm struggling with -- especially since I don't generally use this kind of pattern, and I'm not real sure what all does (or does not) need to be included

yesterday afternoon I pulled out my newest scrap booking tool and ran all of the little lambies for my Christmas cards through it to create the stickers I need

this is a Xyron Sticker Maker (and don't you love the zebra print!!)

pretty cool -- makes these much easier than trying to get glue on all those little bitty pieces!

so now it's on to stamping the message on the inside of the cards so I can do the glue and sticker work on the fronts

and just in case I might run out of projects to work on (heh, right, like that will EVER happen), here is the beginning of a new one

when I was a little girl my father's mother made me this coat -- it is the only thing I clearly remember her making for me and I can tell by the wear on the sleeve edges that I obviously wore it a lot

I've decided to pick it apart, felt the wool and use it in making myself a new handbag (the one I made myself from a pair of blue jeans about 5 years ago is starting to wear out)

somehow I think my grandmother would approve

so today I'll be working on more Christmas projects -- after I take the DH to get his pre-surgery chest x-ray

during the waiting time I'll be knitting on still other Christmas projects -- keeping these hands busy!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Best wishes to your husband, good luck with the felting (waste not want not of course she's pleased!) and I LOVE that quilt!!!