Friday, November 19, 2010

red sky at morning

I woke this morning to a room flooded with red light --

by the time I could stumble around out of the blankets, get my glasses and my slippers and my camera the red glow had faded, but these beautiful cloud formations were still visible

wow!

the weather man says these are "mountain wave clouds"

no matter what they are called, they were spectacular (and a textile artist's big challenge -- how to portray them in cloth)









we're ready for our close up Mr. DeMille!

actually they're ready to be packaged up for Christmas

the paint finally dried so I could add the black and the little white "dot" yesterday

two more things scratched off my "to do for Christmas" list!









and we've some pride here

the first step of the mane glittering completed for the cards

this was the easy step as the glitter was actually in the glue -- the next step is a much finer glitter and involves a glue pen -- we'll see how all that goes





quite a while ago I cut this rubber stamp to use on a wall hanging I was working on

and I took it out yesterday because I'm going to use it again on the trees piece

this morning I stuck it in the scanner and scanned it then created a sheet of prints that are several different sizes -- I'll be using those as patterns for the leaves I want to make that will be stitched on -- and some of them will be free hanging -- attached only by their stems (just like the real thing)

I'm not really ready for those yet, since I still have quite a few aspen branches to stitch down and I need to do some redwood branches too, but the leaves are pretty portable, and I'm planning on taking them with me when I travel to my daughter's next week

today a bit more house cleaning, a quick trip to the grocery store for milk and fruit then hopefully back to work on the projects!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

So you're lion around watching beautiful skyscapes. Oak-y dokey!