Tuesday, November 23, 2010

you know you're tired when

you fall asleep in your chair with your knitting still in your hands!

I'm hoping when I pick it up again later today that I won't find that I messed something up -- fortunately what I'm working on is an easy pattern and I would be able to fix it pretty quickly

yesterday was a busy day -- laundry, shopping, packing -- the DH was supposed to have a doctor's visit with his primary care doctor to sign off on his pending surgery, but the doctor was sick (unheard of!), so that has been rescheduled adding something extra for us to do next Monday

I was able to spend some time working on the tree piece in the early evening -- now that I'm back to working on this piece every day I'm getting really excited about getting it finished -- I'm thinking it will be a good piece to take with me as a work in progress for the trunk show (I know I won't have it done by mid-January!)

as I was working on pinning the branches of the aspen trees the other day I pulled out the original drawing again

its interesting how the branches are not quite the same as the original drawing, but they look very real

the redwood trees will be a bit more challenging because they are bigger and the "bark" is more uneven and rippled -- it should be interesting to do the blending where the two meet

this project is rolled up and stuffed into a large pillowcase to travel with me

so just a few more odds and ends of things to do (like pack up my computer!) and we'll be ready to go

onward!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Redwood bark has fascinated me forever. I've knit a few patterns just because they reminded me of it.

I'm fascinated at how realistic the quilt looks.