Thursday, November 11, 2010

pieces and parts

as always I have several projects that I'm working on all at once, so I use cardboard "flats" (like soda pop comes in) or box lids (like the ones from a box of printer paper) to organize things

this one is the raccoon project

I'm making a stuffed raccoon for my friend's son "the raccoon wrangler"

after about 40 minutes at the sewing machine I had a lot of pieces that needed to be pinned together for the next step in the process

these are ready to go back to the machine today


lions and lambs figure prominently in the construction of this year's Christmas cards

the cutting out is moving along --

this morning I printed off the last two sheets of animals that will need to be cut out, so the next step can begin soon -- the gluing of the lions to the cards and running the little lamb cutouts through the sticker making machine

the actual card stock with the front wording has already been printed too, so I'm ready to start stamping the insides as well

and the last of the quilting on the baby quilt is finished

today I will do the machine stitching of the binding to the front so I can finish it

then the only thing left to do will be the label, which probably won't get stitched on until the baby comes (just in case the ultrasound tech was wrong and this baby isn't a boy -- I want to get the right name on here!!)


tonight is quilt guild meeting, which I will go to if it isn't snowing when I should be leaving (we're meeting in a different location, more in the foothills, and I'm not wild about driving somewhere that I'm not familiar with in bad weather)

meantime, there should be lots of time to spend in the studio working down that Christmas project list!

No comments: