Monday, November 22, 2010

its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

this weekend was just about the only opportunity we had to do this

tomorrow we'll be off to our daughter's for the Thanksgiving holiday -- we have volunteered to go and cook and help out as her husband will be working every day except Thursday from "open to close" -- the joys of being the assistant manager of a retail business

we will return just in time to do a bit of shopping and arranging before the DH has the surgery on his shoulder

so if we were going to have a tree we needed to do it!

this one has ornaments on it that I first got in 1973, as well as some icicles that I bought from an antique dealer that are probably at least 100 years old


after finishing the tree decorating I worked on the second layer of glitter on the lions

they are now all complete -- each one slightly different because the glitter is all hand applied -- now I'm ready to start actually putting the cards together, so that is a project that I'll be taking to my daughter's house to work on while she works on her cards


yesterday afternoon I delivered the boxes with the knitting to the neighbor -- according to my calculations I still owed her $36 for the fence -- she said "no you don't", so I can officially say the fence is paid for -- hurrah!

progress is being made on the other knitting I'm working on, and I'm down to only 5 aspen branches left to stitch to the trees before I can start on the redwoods

today will be busy with laundry and packing and a doctor's appointment and gassing up the car for the trip

time to get rollin'

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

One hundred year old icicles. Gee, I knew Colorado was cold...! (ducking!)