Wednesday, November 17, 2010

lost in the trees

with the completion of the baby quilt, I'm back to working on this large project that has been in and out of the que half a dozen times

yesterday I finished stitching on the medium size branches

here it is laid out on the dining room table with the next (and last) set of branches fastened down with safety pins

(and yes, because it is so large, it's impossible to get a good photo of the whole thing -- I really need a design wall!!)

so today I will start stitching those branches down then it will be on to the leaves on this piece


I also spent a bit of time yesterday at the sewing machine -- I'm working on a Christmas project that is also giving me a chance to test out different embroidery stitches on the machine, which is pretty neat. By the time I had done 2 of the 6 items I knew I was going to need more thread -- a quick trip to the fabric store and I'm back in business for today's stitching

the plan for today is more stitching, some painting, some stamping, some knitting, and possibly rearranging some furniture in the living room -- I need to transform it back into a living room from a studio for the next couple of months, so I'll be putting on my "furniture mover" hat (and my back support!)

onward

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

As the picture opened up I went, Oh WOW. WOW!