Monday, November 08, 2010

baby shower

Saturday's main activity (and the biggest reason for our trip to our daughter's this weekend) was the baby shower her friend and I hosted

her nursery theme is little forest animals and instead of the traditional cake we did a variation on the yule log -- only without the snow part -- using sugar cookies for the decoration

it came out pretty neat (I put it all together on Friday while she was at work)

we had rave reviews on the food too -- easy, tasty and affordable was our theme

and now I can show you some of those projects I've been working on that I didn't want her to see ahead of the shower (there's been very little I've been able to surprise her with, so I wanted to keep a couple back!)

this is a fleece bunting

I just couldn't resist the fabric -- so cute with the polar bears and the snowflakes on it





and this was last week's find -- a basket the right size to fit on the dresser to keep things organized

I bought the plain basket very reasonably then made up the liner to match other things we've been making for the nursery (and whipping that up only took me about an hour from measuring to putting it in the basket!)




today we're headed home where I can start in on serious work on Christmas projects --

while I've been here I've been continuing to work on the quilting of the baby quilt, and last night I turned the corner and have about 75% of the quilting done -- and each row of quilting from now on will be slightly shorter since I'm working on the diagonal -- I'm hoping to have all of the quilting done and the binding on by this time next week

and I got to knit some in the car, so I've almost finished the body of the last "knitting for fencing" sweater

oh yes, the fabric for the 2011 Hoffman Challenge should arrive soon in my quilting shop -- and I'm already working on design ideas

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

A happy day all around!