Tuesday, April 19, 2011

doing the part I hate

this quilt is going to be in at the Mancuso Quilt Show in Denver the end of the month

I'm really delighted that it will finally get to be seen in a public venue

but between now and tomorrow evening when I hand it to my regional SAQA representative (who will take it up for the "hanging") I have to write my Artist Statement that will go in the binder with the other ones for the exhibit

uh, I really hate this part

and I admit to being a bit intimidated by knowing that some of the other artist statements in that binder will be from "known" quilt artists, and I don't want to look like a dope on paper

can't my work just speak for itself? apparently not

so I'll be working on that today
meantime, in keeping with my new attempt to keep putting things in my Etsy store, this bracelet was listed this morning


over the weekend, after debating the pros and cons right up to the last minute, I paid the fee to renew my domain registration, so the website will stand for another year

and for the first time in about 10 years I'm thinking about a major overhaul that will completely change to whole approach of the site (yeah, I needed another big project to work on -- heh)

time to go to work!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

They're beautiful! And you know how those artists became known names: they did exactly what you're going through now.