Thursday, April 07, 2011

Mr Cute and some studio work

here is the today's report of Mr Cute

he's in his play gym here (the toys that are available for babies now days amaze me!)

on the play gym, between the green "cup" and the other upright toy there is a reflective section

the sun was hitting it at just the right angle to create that bright reflection on the piano there

he was fascinated by the light

and every time he would move the light would move

this occupied him for an amazingly long time



the feathers on the big hat are now complete

that last one that was in the inside curve of that "U" shape took a while and was a bit confusing to keep track of where the stitching actually needed to be

so now its on to the feathers on the smaller hat

I'd really like to get all of this embellishment finished in the next week so I can get on with the quilting as it will also take quite a while to complete

I've pretty much decided that I'll be doing a lot of outline quilting -- perhaps around a lot of flower petals -- so the quilting process is going to be pretty time consuming too




spent some time playing with the sewing machine

created this "patch" for a jacket

I had done a lot of lettering before this, but had not done the outlining thing, and it had to be done "free hand"

in the process of doing this I did learn some more things about the sewing machine, so I may try some other things using what I learned


the field of the flower garden is complete

so now I'm beginning to work up the sides of the necklace

every time I pick this up I'm still amazed at the way it is going together -- I've gotten pretty quick at the technique and the ongoing flow of the "grasses" that are created by using the different sizes of beads is enough to keep me working on it even when I've tired of the monotony of the technique



and the charity quilt top for this month is complete

once again this is a very "girl-y" sort of quilt top -- cute little prints of kitties and dollies on a white background with pink and yellow solids

and this is about the end of these pastel prints in the bin, so next month I'll have to go through my fabric bins and find some new things to put into a charity quilt


I'm feeling a bit like I was hit by a truck this morning -- helping the DH up off the ground after he took a tumble in the back yard did me in (and he's fine, hardly even a sore spot -- how unfair is that?!) anyway, I'll be moving slowly today, but I do have things I want to get to -- maybe painting leaves on trees?

we'll see

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

He's so cute!

And as always, beautiful work!