Saturday, June 18, 2011

zebras and cone flowers in the rain

yesterday morning the DH and I decided to split up the yard chores -- I mowed the front yard while he did the weeding in the garden -- twice as much work done in the same amount of time -- sweet!

so then we went off to the grocery store to pick up eggs and fruit -- and when we came out of the store it was raining!

lovely, cool rain --- without lightening to start new fires and without "hard rain" (aka hail) to ruin our carefully nurtured garden plants

and so it was definitely time to get into the studio and get some work done!

the beading on the zebra bracelet

it is now about 75% complete -- which means that very soon I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to back it with ---

oops! I just hadn't thought about that part yet -- I'm pretty sure I have either some more black suede I can use or some soft upholstery velvet -- I'll be checking that out today

since I had the strips all cut for the charity quilt I figured it was time to set up the machine and get some work done on that project -- heh, I think I have enough strips to actually create TWO quilts of these fabrics -- so that dozen quilt tops I had planned for may become a baker's dozen -- the first series of seams is done and the pressing and cutting the other way as well -- back to the machine today
progress on the cone flower piece too -- the next layer of color has been added -- the deep rusty colored "petals" that are at the very back and in the "shade" of the top level of petals

today I need to press the yellow fabrics and get started on the next layer

so far this is moving right along, so I should get to the fussy cutting and appliqueing of birds and butterflies by next week

looking very good!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Love it!