Monday, August 29, 2011

beading as fast as I can

heh, well, maybe not quite as fast as I can, but this new piece is really moving along

there is only about 1/4 of the surface left to bead and then I can put the bracelet together

I'm hoping that I'll actually feel like working on this after today's dentist appointment -- when the tooth comes out

this piece of beading, however is totally finished

the team that I belong to on Etsy does monthly challenges, and the September challenge was titled "Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH My!"

this morning I listed this piece which is my entry in the challenge

voting for this month's challenge will be from September 9 to September 15 on the Etsy Bead Weavers Team blog



and in case you're now thinking "what happened to the quilts?", I'm still hand quilting the landscape piece that I started working on a few weeks ago -- it is about 2/3 finished, so we are heading down the home stretch!

work continues on the big trees piece as well -- and I finished knitting the hood of the Christmas sweater last night

lots being done, just no pictures to prove it!

and then there is this

yesterday's picking (except for the 3 green ones that we're eating for breakfast this morning) of tomatoes

a lot of these are from the heritage variety of roma tomatoes that we planted this year

the DH is going to turn these (and some others that were picked a bit earlier in the week) into pasta sauce which we will put up in pint jars

we'll be enjoying these all winter long

time to go get the laundry done before the trip to the dentist!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Those lion and tiger and bear paws are walking on the red carpet!