Sunday, February 12, 2012

bracelets and dinos and quilting (Oh My!)

since the Eye of Horus necklace is complete, I'm starting on the bracelet I designed to go with it

the glass "eye" has been attached and the beginning of the bead embroidery started

the plan is to create 3 bead embroidered panels -- the center one with the eye and the other 2 with embroidered ankhs

and I wanted to connect these with a hinge at each side, but I didn't want to use any metal pieces -- so those pieces of bead work in the other picture are the hinge loops (gold) and the hinge pins (blue)
more knitting happening on the dinosaur toy

I've finished the neck and the body and now I'm working the continuous decreasing rows that create the tail

after that the legs are knit separately and attached


oh yes, the quilting of the accompanying quilt is coming along nicely too


finished quilting the autumn panel of the four seasons piece

and both end strips are quilted too, so all that is left is the stripping at the top and the bottom

and the binding

I think I will have this finished this week




and having that piece finished is a good thing because the first cut has been made for the Hoffman challenge piece

let the stitching begin!!







my daughter took this picture of Mr Cute in his high chair with paper and crayons

we're encouraging that artistic spirit!

No comments: