Wednesday, February 15, 2012

progress on projects -- and in the house

at Christmas time my parents gave us a check that we had decided we would use to replace our aging TV -- and a couple of weeks ago, we found a suitable replacement at a sale price (they put these things on sale just before the Super Bowl) --

the new TV was light enough that I can easily lift it and carry it around -- but the old one's case was much bigger and heavier, and I couldn't manage it alone -- and for now the DH is operating with just one "wing" while his shoulder heals

last night friends came and helped move the old TV out to the garage (it's sitting on a trunk clear out by the door where I can have the local Goodwill folks come and pick it up) -- so now we have the new TV all set up -- it's great to be able to read the lettering on the screen during the newscast!

the center panel for the bracelet I'm working on got finished yesterday afternoon

I coated the back of it with Fray Check, so it's ready for the backing

but I have two side panels to embroider first, and I'll be working on those starting today

I'm pretty pleased with how this looks




I've finished knitting 2 of the 4 legs and feet for the dinosaur toy

cute!

the toes are a little tricky -- 2 stitch Icord --- while trying to keep the other stitches for the other toes from slipping off the ends of the needles --- ACK!

the second one was easier though, so I'm guessing the next two will be easier still -- I hope

my daughter sent me this picture of Mr Cute playing in the snow

he doesn't look real thrilled with it

just wait until he figures out how to make snow balls!

he's wearing the hat I made him

nice!

if the weather cooperates this weekend, they may come for a one day visit with grandma and grandpa --- we're doing a "NO snow" dance


time to get to work!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

He's so cute!