Friday, February 24, 2012

bunny tracks and daffodils

we had snow yesterday -- actually we woke to quite a bit of snow, which mostly melted -- or blew -- off during the day

then we had another little bit last night after we went to sleep

this morning, when I went out to get the papers there was a trail across the corner of the driveway of these little foot prints

the little cottontail that lives in our neighborhood had already been out and about
and while I have been out admiring the photos of daffodils in bloom on other people's blogs, you can see in this photo that there will be daffodils here in a while

these had been there for a few days I'm sure, but until they had a little snow around them I just didn't notice because they just blended in to the mulch around them

by the way, my neighbors probably think I'm nuts -- these pictures were taken this morning when it was about 15 degrees out there -- and I was still in my slippers -- but I was wearing fleece gloves


another dinosaur!

this one is definitely a toy

and it's all finished, ready to go in the box with the baby quilt as soon as I finish that -- hopefully about this time next week
almost as soon as I finished the last bracelet I started working on the next one

one of my beading groups is working on a challenge to create something that includes a filigree element

I got some really neat turquoise colored vintage glass filigree pieces to use for this project, and yesterday I got the bracelet started

because there are openings in the glass that let whatever is behind them show through (DUH -- filigree!) I needed something other than the usual stabilizer behind the beading --- so I cut into a piece of fabric that my daughter gave me about 10 years ago -- it originally was a silver
lamé halter top that someone had given her -- I think this will be a good surface to show through behind the beading on this

the stitching has begun

since I have now finished the Seasons piece, the applique work on this year's Hoffman challenge has been started

just hoping this piece comes out as nice as the Seasons piece did




time to get busy


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Small rabbits are always worth slippers and cameras. Love it.