Sunday, February 19, 2012

a Saturday visit

Because the DH had surgery shortly after Christmas, we have not been able to go and spend a weekend with our daughter -- which is our favorite way to get to visit with Mr Cute

yesterday the weather and our son-in-law's work schedule cooperated and they came to visit us

of course a visit means there is food

and these pictures are important to us for another reason

the wood high chair he is sitting in is over 70 years old

it was originally purchased for the DH when he was an infant and here is Mr Cute, the third generation to use it

sometimes family connection extends to some of the physical objects around us


here's a shot of my daughter sharing some time with Mr Cute

they are reading a kid's cook book that I originally bought for her

it will be going to him

I love the way he points at the pictures -- I can tell by watching that he's going to give us all a run for our money keeping up with that sharp little mind!




and here he is with the big black dog that lives here

I love how their heads are at the same level here as they are looking out the front window

(and no, I have no idea just what they found so interesting out there, but I'm good with them looking!)


I just want to say thanks to my daughter and son-in-law for making the long drive for a "day trip" and giving us a chance to see all of you!


now it's back to our usual stuff, but feeling more refreshed

No comments: