Saturday, February 25, 2012

old, new and oddments

stitching has begun on the filigree piece

the two silver diamonds are actually metal filigree pieces and they are attached in the corners by using a size 15 seed bead as a "stop" on the thread through the holes in the corners

once that was done, I've started stitching beads around them

and then on the right hand side I've started working a row of beading around the glass filigree piece

working over the lame surface is interesting -- it stretches a little bit, so I have to be careful about not getting the piece out of "square"

the fabric I've been quilting is all finished

and here is the first piece for the Cricut cover -- a rectangle that has bias binding on three of the four sides, all ready for the next step

which I hope to do today

doing the quilting was a good refresher for the machine quilting skills




while the DH has been recovering from his shoulder replacement I've been in charge of cooking

last night's entree was a chicken

prior to putting it in the oven, I wanted to drain as much of the liquid out of the inside as I could

somehow this just struck me as "photo worthy"

it makes me laugh -- sort of the legend of sleepy hollow from the kitchen

(oh, and a quite tasty bird it was too -- keeping it simple -- salt and pepper on the outside, roast for half the cooking time resting on the breast side, roll it over and roast breast side up for the other half)



and one final oddment for the morning

at Christmas I knit for my daughter a winged monkey -

complete with vest and hat (he has chenille sticks in the arms and legs which make it easy to pose him)

she already had the sign

yesterday she sent me this picture which was taken in her cubicle at work

I hear she gets a lot of comments about this

this makes me smile too

have a good Saturday, I'm off to work in the studio!

No comments: