Thursday, February 09, 2012

finished, progress and new stuff

last night I finally finished the scarf I've been knitting for the DH

the yarn for this piece is a soft alpaca blend, and the pattern is just something I came up with based on a stitch repeat -- it's basically ribbing worked diagonally

it has a nice texture which gives it some "zip"

and I'm pleased with how this came out


having this finished means that there will be more work done on the dinosaur toy, as it will be the knitting project that moves into the scarf's time slot

progress being made on the necklace part that goes with the Egyptian medallion

I had done some of those center beads this time last year, and now I need to make up a few more of them to create a necklace that is long enough

and I'm struggling with that -- layers of reflective gold seed beads built one on top of another -- my eyes are having a hard time seeing that even with my magnifiers, so it's moving along slowly --

hopefully I get the last four of those done today

the last two pieces of malachite that I had ordered have arrived

these pieces with the others that I have should make up into some really nice items








and then there is this project

I started this one last year too, started working around this great piece of picture jasper and had tentatively named this piece "desert dreams", but at that time I couldn't find a bird to put into the design where I wanted it that was a price I could afford

this stamped brass bird came from a shop on Etsy and it was very reasonable

so this piece is back into the "work on it" line

yesterday I finished all of the taxes, so I can use the time that was being spent on that to work on other (more fun) things -- YIPPEE!!

time to get to it

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I immediately thought wow, that jasper is a landscape. Very cool.