Friday, February 03, 2012

project work continues

this morning I was awakened by the sound of my cell phone telling me I had a text message

my daughter was telling me that she is having a "snow day"

and so are we -- we have between 6 and 8 inches on the ground now, and it's still snowing

good day to spend more time working on the bead project

the medallion is finished now, so it's time to do backing and fringing and of course building of more of those beads to make up the necklace part

notice that the bead on the right side is a bit smaller than the one on the left -- I need to do a few more of these and then step down again -- and possibly again from that -- we'll see how that all goes

the beads that I ordered last weekend arrived late yesterday afternoon, so I'll be adding them to the inventory list and setting up the kits for the new pieces I'm working on -- good snow day projects

and of course the quilting projects continue -- I'm actually working on the quilting of the dinosaur quilt -- the center block is nearly finished

and the sky portions of the fall panel in the seasons project is moving right along too

yup, we'll just settle in and work on projects until this big winter snow storm gets done!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I still think Rodin's The Thinker, but it could also go for an eye with an elf shoe.