Tuesday, February 21, 2012

ok, back to work!

the center panel of the bracelet is all backed and edged

still have to do the two side panels

and this took a bit longer than originally anticipated -- I did the edging with some of the rounder beads that I had used in the center embroidery, but those didn't work well because they didn't line up smoothly

I switched them out for delicas

much better!

this morning I listed the necklace on my Etsy page -- it's part of the Etsy Bead Weaver Team challenge for March -- the voting on that challenge will take place on our team blog, http://www.etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com between March 9-15 where you can vote for your favorite entry.

my daughter is an avid scrapbooker

and she has one of those cool Cricut machines

she also lives in a rural area where there is a lot of dust

so she has asked me to create a cover for her Cricut

this is the patchwork fabric I created to make that cover

I'm going to sandwich it together with a batting and do some machine quilting over the surface before I cut out and sew the cover (just keeping my machine quilting skills sharp here)

all of the quilting on the Seasons piece is complete, and the binding is ready to be stitched down

I wanted to make sure that it is even all the way around the edges

so yesterday I made a visit to the local fabric store and picked up a seam gauge -- I know I used to have one of these little items, but who knows what has happened to it, so I decided just getting a new one was the way to go

the stitching has begun -- hope to get this finished in the next couple of days (and this piece will be in the Mancuso show in Denver in May -- details to follow!)

I've started a new dinosaur

the first one will become a Christmas gift for someone a bit older

so far so good with the new one



yesterday morning the DH had a follow up doctor's appointment -- we're pleased to say that he is now out of the sling and is doing really well -- lots of physical therapy yet to do, but he's making good progress

time to get busy

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Yay for progress! On all fronts.