Thursday, May 24, 2012

a fish tale

here are pictures of the front and the back of the latest completed hot pad

during the time I worked on this one, the DH saw it laying on the table next to my chair and said it reminded him of a striped bass

wow!

I will say that I love the way the colorway progression created these interesting patterns over the surface

this one was done by starting with the very light blue for that center section then I worked one row of the variegated yarn alternated with one row of the navy yarn, then the last few rows with the navy


yesterday afternoon I started putting the tiles together for the necklace, and it's looking pretty good ----

and I've started appliquing the next block for the quilt --- a walrus

time for breakfast

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I like that! So your husband was on bass, now who's on the drums, guitar, who's got the guitar...