Thursday, May 17, 2012

garden fences and bead work

I think we have finally finished with the fencing projects

when the back fence went down it took out the smaller fence that surrounded the garden

we were able to salvage pieces of 2x4s that we have used to create new fence posts for that garden fence

yesterday we strung the "wire" from post to post --- it should be safe from the marauding labrador --- no tomatoes or green beans for you!

today we hope to get the bottom tier of the area tilled to put in more veggies (bush beans and squash), but we've decided not to try to grow anything edible up there in that area right behind the garden gate --- we've tried several things there, but with the shade and the needle dropping of the pine tree in the neighbor's yard, nothing really works

I'm going to try a mix of wild flowers --- which I'm hoping will also give me some photo opportunities for other art work

when we finished this up yesterday I looked at that gate and thought "why didn't I paint on that before we hung it?" --- I still could paint sunflowers on it, but it would be a lot harder --- oh well

and now there is only one more piece of beading to be done on this project

I'm starting to get pretty excited about this!

today I hope to get all of the finished ones trimmed down to the size they will be and lay them all out on the table so I can get a better feel for what the finished piece will look like

and I still need to keep at this pretty steadily to get it finished by the May 31 deadline -- I still need to back and edge each tile then create all of the hinge pieces and the clasp and do all of the fringing --- YIKES!! 

Must.Work.Faster!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Looking good!