Tuesday, May 01, 2012

from the garage workshop -- and a delivery from the yarn fairy

the DH has been working on this project in the garage workshop for a while

this table was originally built by the DH for our daughter

now it has brand new legs and a shiny new coat of paint

it's all ready to go to Mr Cute!



since I've finished the Gees Bend bracelet, I'm back to working on the tiles necklace

this one has a metal brad as the focal "bead"

 the package of brads had twelve different ones in it, and I'll be using another one for the tile that is the "mirror" image of of this one





you may recall that I talked about purchasing a jelly roll of fabric last week

this is what the fabrics look like when the jelly roll is unrolled

not only are these bright, colorful fabrics, but the pinks and greens go really well with the pieces of fabric I have left over from the other fabrics I've been using for charity quilts -- neat!

this is the sweater I'm working on right now to add to that box of hatz

 I'm using the same pattern I used before, and the same technique for the color flow

looking good!



yesterday the post man brought me a box (actually, he left it on the front porch while I was away from the house picking up a gallon of milk)

I knew this box was coming (although I didn't expect it until today), because my sister had told me it was

I love these packages --- they are always full of little surprises --- like the plastic containers -- these are perfect for some of the beads that my mother gave me

and all of this cotton yarn --- no two alike --- this is a great group to continue working on the hot pad project

some of these color blends I've never seen --- and some of these must have come out of a stash somewhere!

she's also provided enough wool yarn that there will be a few more sweaters!

these are neat colors!

let the projects continue!!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

You have a nice sister! Have fun!