Tuesday, May 08, 2012

long overdue update

it's been a very busy few days!

on Friday we headed off to Denver to go to the Mancuso Quilt show

last year I had a piece hanging in that show, but I never got there because I had hurt my back

this year I managed to not hurt my back!

it's pretty cool to see my work hanging in a show like the Mancuso -- where the work of other, much more well known artists are also hung

one of the neat things about this show (aside from the awesome quilts --- and I'll probably be talking about this for a few days --- I took a lot of pictures!) is the shopping opportunity

I had planned to pick up some batting for future quilt projects, which I did, but I also picked up some things I can use in some jewelry pieces

like these artist made glass cabochons







and I picked up these metal flower "charms" from a vendor I had bought things from before





my plan for those flowers is to use them on this piece of jewelry that I've been working on

they are the perfect color and size!

I also got some seed bead soup mixes that I will use with the malachite piece I've been working on




time to get to work --- lots of projects to get done

No comments: