Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Up, up and away

when I got up this morning to let the dog out this was what I saw above the apartment building behind us

I know the folks that own the balloon --- they live just around the corner from us, and they used to take off and land in the field behind us before the apartments were built there

now days he takes off from the little park that is a little further down the street from his house

(I can't come back -- I don't know how it works!!)





 

over the weekend I worked on these two "bucket" hats

my daughter asked me to make one for her friend, and since I wasn't sure what her fabric preference would be I decided to make up two so her friend can choose

and I'll keep the other one for me

I've made a few of this style now (this makes six just since March!), so I'm getting the hang of it

here we have a progress picture

you can tell that this end is getting close to being complete

 I hope to get this end finished this afternoon and then move to the other end

yesterday afternoon I pulled out all of the crystals and clear beads I had in my stash and started planning another piece of jewelry --- this one is for a challenge issued by one of my beading groups, and I've known about it for a couple of months, but until the last week the theme just didn't "speak" to me --- uh, yeah, this is the usual deal here --- but since it is a "challenge" not a "competition", I'm going to go ahead and do it even if I don't make the deadline (which is June 30) --- we'll see how that all goes

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Wow. Some people hang birdfeeders, some people tether balloons... I can just picture a hummer thinking it's a giant flower. Nirvana!