Saturday, May 12, 2012

Inspiration

Last night I had a chance to watch an episode of Craft in America on our local PBS station.

This episode, titled "Threads" was right up my creative alley --- it focused on four artists that work in fiber ---

I was already familiar with the work of two of them:   Terese Agnew  and Faith Ringgold

Both of these women came to the "quilt" as an art form after doing other forms of art, but have helped to bring the quilt to the wider art world

Watching this program (just one little hour!) set my brain on fire --- it took me a while to "wind down" enough to sleep --- and when I woke in the middle of the night I had a hard time going back to sleep as my mind was still working on these themes

If you are involved in art of any kind, I highly recommend this series --- and if you work in textiles, this particular episode is excellent.

No comments: