Wednesday, May 09, 2012

voting on a challenge and other projects

Remember this piece?

I know for me it seems like forever ago that I finished it

it has been entered in a challenge over on Etsy

if you have a moment, take a visit to this link and vote for your favorite piece

 http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com/2012/05/voting-for-may-challenge-nautical.html



after a couple of days of cool, rainy weather, we were back out in the yard yesterday

the top level of the garden has been tilled up and is waiting for us to put in the tomato plants but before we could do that, we needed to get a gate put back up --- the planned gardening does not include having the dog either lay on the plantings or eat the fruit!

the DH built this lovely garden gate --- suitable to keep both Peter Rabbit and the resident labrador out of the garden!





 work on the beading continues!

the other side tile should get started on today








I picked up this shell pendant at the show over the weekend too

the plan is to string this up with some stone beads to make a necklace for my daughter -- something that she can wear to work -- maybe with that black and white skirt I made her recently

I hope to pull out those boxes of beads in the next couple of days and try out some different combinations for this so I can get it strung



time to get busy --- work to get done outside so I can get back in the studio

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Voted!

So you're giving your daughter the bird? (ducking!)