Sunday, May 06, 2007

Blue Lapis



Its done! The pieces of lapis in this are truly amazing, very deep blue with golden flecks in them.

I had originally started this design quite a few months ago, so by the time I got to actually stitching on it I had kind of lost the "fire" for it. I am pleased by the way it came out tho'

A while back we had a chunk of tigereye cut and polished by a friend of ours, and the piece that came out is pretty amazing. I drew up a design to create a piece with that tigereye in the center of it right after it arrived, and Friday I started stitching on it. This one has not lost its attraction, however.

The original inspiration (besides the stone) was a Victorian hanging light fixture, so it will be interesting to see if it translates into the piece of jewelry! Last night I finished all of the bezeling and background beading, so today I will begin on the stringing it together. Hopefully I'll have pictures of it soon.



I've been trying to create a banner ad to use on several sites that I am linked to. This was my first go at it, and I want to make some very specific changes, but this morning I seem to have gone totally brain dead.

The original graphic was created in a PrintShop program then exported as a .JPG, pulled into Photo Shop (Adobe) and cropped.

When I tried that again this morning, Adobe wouldn't let me crop the exported file, telling me the "layer is locked", whatever that means.....{sigh} there are times I know just enough about all this software graphic process to get myself totally frustrated.

This is the file I want to just crop down to the little banner (ie, chop off the extra color at the bottom of the file), but since I couldn't get it this morning, I'll just think about it tomorrow (ok, I'm donning my Scarlet attitude, lest I reach the Rhett Butler stage in which I decide that "frankly, my dear.....")



I worked on the quilt some more yesterday, getting some more footballs placed. This part is a bit more time consuming as I must make sure that each one actually goes into the right place on the "map" I'm following. A shopping trip for the remainder of the needed pale blue fabric will probably take place sometime this week.

Time to get moving along.......

No comments: