Friday, May 04, 2007

Can we say AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!??




After all the work done on the quilt in the past few months, I discovered that for a queen size quilt with only one row of "rings" around the outside would make the center square about 49 inches by 62 inches....WAY too big for what I had in mind for the design I want to put there......SOOOOOO....its back to building more rings. Consequently, the ticker count has changed. I'm not sure exactly how accurate it is right now, but I'll get it corrected soon.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time dragging out all the fabric and cutting a bunch more of the the little pieces to make more arcs. {sigh} Anyway, I still think I'll have at least the top done by the time my daughter gets married.



Speaking of which, I found these really awesome little resin doves at the local Hobby Lobby. They stand about 3 inches tall and look like a miniature version of the cake topper, so I'm thinking we may be able to use these as table decor...the price was real nice too.

In the studio yesterday, I finished stuffing the little silver puppy I've been working on. This was started because a woman at the Nevada City Show had asked if I could do it. I've sent her an email or two and gotten no response, so I'm beginning to think he's just going to end up in the general inventory....NUTS! I'm thinking we're going to institute a new policy....no special orders without a 50% deposit.

We're supposed to have 5 days of rain/snow/cold here between now and next Wednesday, so its back to working indoors.....seems like spring will not stick this year....probably we'll go from winter directly to summer.....

time to get to work on things

No comments: