Saturday, May 12, 2007

working, working

I actually finished reworking 2 birds yesterday, but I haven't gotten any pictures yet, so I can't show them off.

These were 2 pieces I had done a year or so ago, and decided to redo their feet with the new wire technique we've learned.

So the owl and the pelican will be going to Albuquerque next week along with the toucan and the flamingo....we're becoming bird brains?




After the success of the tiger eye piece earlier in the week, DH went through the box of stones and did some sketches for some other pieces.

These stones are verisite. This will be another necklace where the stones are strung together with strings of seed beads. I'm also thinking about using a new fringing technique I just learned around the stones....I'll give it a try and see how it looks.







The bottom band of the sweater I'm working on is finally done. About 6 inches away from finishing I finally "got" the pattern, and they took a lot less time than the first 30 did!




This is the first of the afghan squares made out of the new Rum Raisin yarn (held together with a strand of a solid lilac colored Caron yarn). I love the look of this one, and it feels wonderful too.





the quilt is progressing nicely. I still have several odd shaped pieces to do where parts of the standard wedding ring block must be cut in half or quarters, but it is progressing. After the frustration of having to redesign, recount, pick out, etc., I'm feeling much better about it today.

Time to get moving....lots of things to do today

No comments: