Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Victorian Lamp necklace and wolf hairballs.....


Its finished!

As I had said earlier in the week, the whole inspiration for this piece was a hanging Victorian lamp I saw in a picture somewhere.

The tiger eye cabs just seem to fit in this whole thing.

I spent a bit of time yesterday fiddling with some other stones that I had on hand to see if anything else of this type suggested itself, but no go.....inspiration can not be forced.

So right now I'm working on a remake of a piece that had originally been a necklace, but was just too big for that format. I have picked apart all of the necklace cord and removed the edging and the back. Now I'm working on making it into a shape that we can cut a mat for to put the piece in a frame....a better format I think.

Work continues on animals for next weekend's show. The big (over 2 foot!) white wolf has been stuffed and closed, his tail is attached and I have begun the process of shaving and shaping his face....hence the hairballs...he's made of a very dense, very fine fur, so when I shave it or clip it those little fine fibers fly around everywhere....{hack, hack!} This process will probably take a couple more days.

Meantime, the painting on the feet for the owl and the pelican are complete, so today I can put on the first sealer coat. With any luck by Saturday, both of these animals will be done too.

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with my software and got the banner finished. (just a little case of being temporarily brain dead!)

Of course I couldn't resist tweeking with the thing a bit more too....hopefully it will pass the requirements for the site I want to put it on and I can get it posted soon.

Last night I went to the cake decorating class....I will have to make another trip to pick up supplies for my "homework", but they did give each student a 10% discount coupon which is good for any Wilton stuff I need to buy in the next four weeks....perhaps this would be a good time to pick up any extra stuff I need for the wedding cake too. A lot of people were getting their stuff last night right after class, but I want to review what I have on hand first.

Time to get to work.....

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Those necklaces are great! Wow!

I'm always watching cake decorating on the food network too. haha!

Bev said...

thanks Kelly....