Tuesday, May 29, 2007

taking a little break......

My daughter and her fiance were here for the weekend, so I took a little break from just about everything.

She decided it was time to clean up her room here, and she did an amazing job in little bits and pieces over the weekend.

It was really good to have her here, and her fiance is such a sweet guy its a pleasure to have him here too.

Along the way I did get 3 new afghan squares knit:



I've heard that some of the next afghans that get put together for
Close Knit Hugs will be going to those little towns in Kansas that were destroyed in the tornados.

This is especially dear to me as my dad's family is from Kansas, and we had driven through some of those little towns to visit with my great aunt in Kinsley, KS, about 3 years ago.



I have been working on the quilt too. Almost done with the standard rings, then I will be moving on to the half and quarter ones which will be interesting as I get to create the patterns for those.

This weekend my sister will be here to spend the weekend working on some projects, and I'm hoping to get some projects done too....who knows what trouble we'll get into!

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

The Shadow knows...
bwah ha ha ha