Monday, May 07, 2007

Is it still winter?




This is what I woke to this morning.

For a moment I thought perhaps I had slept through 6 months and it was winter again. Come on now, its MAY! And yes, I know that there is blue sky in the one of the back yard (that faces north of us), but the sky behind the picture of the van is pretty ominous.

I am SO ready to be done with winter even though I know any bit of moisture we get is a good thing, but still......

just saying.....

Yesterday gets categorized as one where I got way more done than I excepted to.

To begin with, I woke up a little before 5, and tho' I intended to go back to sleep, I found myself listening first to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, then to a whole program about a woman named Debbie Friedman -- her music is a sort of blend of Joan Baez syle folk and Reformed Jewish cantor -- I loved the sound (and the uplifting feel) of her pieces. All that followed by mass from Notre Dame, and needless to say, I never did go back to sleep!

I figured by the middle of the afternoon I'd be asleep in my chair having never finished reading my favorite parts of the Sunday paper (the book reviews!). But no, I never did take a nap either.

Along the way I accomplished all this:

Finished all of the color renditions for the Archangel Triptych, we are now ready to do the polymer work for the hands and faces of the angels.

Stuffed the last animal that needs to be finished for our May 20 show....its a big white wolf in a howling position that took about 7 pounds (!!) of stuffing.

Wrapped the wire feet for the owl and the pelican to prepare them for painting.

Completed the edge work around the tiger eye piece of jewelry, so its ready for stringing together (today!)

Since I had been so good, I decided that it was okay to play for a while, so I started working on what I hope will be my entry in a beaded doll competition. Over at Land of Odds they are running this great contest. (use this link to check out what this is all about. I had recently gotten a new book on beading and dolls, so this is a great chance to play with that whole concept.





Oh yes, and worked on the quilt some more.

And added another 1 1/2 inches to the bottom band of the sweater I'm making my daughter.

On the whole a very productive day.

Today (being Monday) I'm doing laundry and other household chores, but as quickly as possible so I can get back to doing more fun things!!

Onward!!

No comments: