Tuesday, May 08, 2007

puppy and yarn and cake













This is the little silver schnauzer puppy I have been working on.

Someone at the Nevada City show had asked me if I could do a silver puppy for her, which is why I started this one. This morning I had an email from her with a picture of the dog she had, but he has a lot of black on him, so this little cutie may not be what she's looking for. We'll see.

If not, he'll go on the table and I'll make another attempt and creating a dog for her.

Isn't he cute with his little pointed ears?

Here is the latest completed afghan square.

I've been knitting these out of yarn that I had on hand or stuff that my sister had donated to the cause.

Yesterday I was in Hobby Lobby picking up things for several projects and as always I walked down the yarn isles looking for anything interesting that was on sale that could be used to knit squares.

They had this great yarn called Mosaic Twist from Yarn Bee ... usually $6.64 for 3 ounces, but on sale for $1.97 ... I picked up one skein called Rum Raisin and one called Iced Fruit ... the Rum Raisin is purples and greens and pinks, while the Iced Fruit is more pinks, melons and lavendar ... Really neat stuff .. I would love to make a sweater out of one of these, but at $6.64 for 3 ounces I know that will never happen. At least I can enjoy the color and feel to make some squares.

There was another great bonus in store for me while I was wandering around in the store....aside from the doves for the wedding reception tables being on sale at 50% off, they had a sign up for a Wilton Cake Decorating class that was also half price. So, I will be getting 4 2-hour classes on borders and roses and lots of other cake decorating for a very inexpensive price! Oh yeah! I start tonight from 6 to 8 (amazing too that it falls on a night that I will actually be here to take the class during the "show season"). This should be fun

time to get crackin'

No comments: