Sunday, May 20, 2007

TOTALLY bummed.....

about now I should be doing "fluff and puff" at my table in Albuquerque, not sitting in my basement at my computer.....

as we set out on our little journey yesterday morning we had a little issue with our car created by a large chunk of concrete left in the lane of a dark stretch of road

consequently, we did not make the trip to Albuquerque, and are looking at a repair bill of just over $500.....which we can't do until we get paid on Wednesday....so my wings have definately been clipped {sigh}

So, I spent most of yesterday afternoon working on the 2 little doggies I have orders for....I should have all of the sewing finished today. I'm hoping to be able to ship these off (and get paid for them) by mid-week.



This is the picture of the newest necklace (which was actually completed on Thursday).

I had never done one with this "mini fringe" of beads all around the edges, and I really like the look.

Sometime in the next few days I hope to get started on the piece with the malachite stones in it.



I've decided to do a little "virtual garage sale" in the next couple of weeks, so I will be putting up for sale some craft items and other assorted stuff. If you dabble in any kind of arts and crafts there may be something of interest here for you soon!

So for now, I'm going back to work on the doggies.....

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

This is "SNF" (So Not Fair); you just can't seem to catch a break!

I really like the way this necklace turned out, and will be looking forward to seeing what you do with the malachite (one of my favorite stones, by the way, even if I do look positively ill if I wear that color in clothing).

Bev said...

yes, some days it doesn't pay to chew through the restraints!!