Tuesday, May 15, 2007

going to the dogs.....



Meet Wolfie!

Finally finished this piece, after almost a week of shaving and shaping, he's actually ready to go.

If I ever make another one there are some changes I will make in the pattern, but on the whole I'm pleased with the way he came out.

Usually when we travel these big animals go in the back seat of the van, but I think we better make sure this one gets bagged up lest someone decide we've left an animal in the car unattended!







And this is the latest of the little puppies. I had actually started this one before we went to Nevada City, but I had made an error in the layout and couldn't finish it until I could recut a couple of pieces.

I named this one B.G. -- for Brown and Gray puppy -- its as good a way to name one as the way real dogs get their names!

So now I have a black schnauzer and a silver and black schnauzer to work on for an order (LOVE doing orders, I know they'll sell!!), and a couple of sheep (one black, one white) all laid out to work on.

There is still one new bear that is not finished, but I hope to get him done in the next couple of days. He's a brand new design and we're redoing his snout for the third time because we're still not pleased with it....

I'm also reworking the eyes of one of my big bears to jazz him up some and hope to find him a new home at this show.





Work continues on the quilt. I'm back in a pattern for putting in the new pieces, so its moving forward again.

Tonight I have the second cake decorating class, so I will have to spend some time today preparing for it.

Time to get moving!!

No comments: