Wednesday, May 16, 2007

finally got it!


This is Marmee.

The original design sketch for this was done by the DH while we were in California for our show and it has taken us a while to get her finished.

Being a total departure from anything we've ever designed before, there was a lot of tweeking, trying and redrawing of pieces, especially the nose area which took us three tries before we liked the look.

Now we're thinking we may be able to spring from here into something cat-like...we'll see.

Anyway, I'm glad she is finished, and will be going to the show with us.

I worked on redoing the face of the jester yesterday, so this morning we'll see how the new paint I applied looks (glitter fabric paint looks really different after it dries than when its wet, so I couldn't really tell what was happening yesterday when I put it on). I still have some embroidery work to do on this, but I'm pretty sure he will be ready to go too.

I went to the second class on cake decorating last night. You can click here to read about that.

Onward!!

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Adorable, Bev!! Simply adorable!! :)

Bev said...

Thanks Kelly!