Wednesday, July 25, 2007

another order complete!




Here he is in all his glory. Pictures taken against two different back grounds (a process that goes on a lot in the photo studio).

I finished him up yesterday afternoon and today I'm mailing off the picture and the information to the customer that ordered him. Hopefully she'll call as soon as she gets the note and tell me to charge her card and ship him.

The last of the next bracelet stones were completed last night too. Next step is to string it all together. Since this one is all black, white and gray, I'll be going through the boxes for larger beads in those colors to complete the piece. Amazing how quickly this went together....WOW!


after struggling with the idea that even at 10K pieces (each of which would be 1 1/8 by 1 inch in size), the design didn't have enough detail to clearly distinquish what I was trying to do and not wanting to go the 60K pieces route (I'm really not THAT crazy!!), we went back to the drawing board. And I do mean WE.

As I have discussed here before, I don't draw. Its a skill set that I wasn't given as a "gift", and I've never had the opportunity to acquire. My DH, on the other hand, does it REALLY well. So yesterday we held a collaboration meeting and he produced this drawing which is the size I need to be the centerpiece of the next quilt. He's working on the backgrounds now. Once he gets it all drawn and inked, I'll finish the coloring then I'll be transfering it to freezer paper to begin the piecing. Awesome!!

Today is our once a month shopping day, so we'll be out and about most of the day and maybe not get much else done (especially since it is HOT!)

time to get to it

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Yes, the DH is very talented!! Great job on that dragon!

Bev said...

now he's working on the big wave and the cliff with the tree around the dragon....very cool indeed!!