Wednesday, July 04, 2007

maybe its the "dog days"


but I'm feeling a bit "out of it" with my work in the studio just at the moment.

I can (happily) report that this little guy has been packed up and is waiting for tomorrow's mail pickup.

He's going off to a new home. Quite an accomplishment since the history of this piece is that it was an "experimental" head (Dr Frankenstien anyone?) and it had been in my tubs for so long I can't even find any record of the pattern or what it became next! There is something to be said for saving this kind of pieces tho', as this order came together really easily!



Something to be shown for being in the douldroms with studio work, however.

I finished the plastic bag tote bag. This cutie is big enough to hold all of the "necessaries" for knitting a sweater, including the pattern, the extra yarn, the tape measure, etc.,etc.

And all created out of plastic bags, most of them from the newspapers that we get daily.

Now the question is, what do I do with the next bizillion plastic bags I get? I just hate throwing them away, but if I can't figure out another project, I'll either have to throw them away or we'll be 6 feet deep in them......mmmmmmm, we're open to suggestions here folks!




Another afghan square has also been completed....I like this bright yellow with the bright varigated....looks nice!

The next one is this same yellow with a pastel-y yellow, lavendar, white varigated. Looks very different. Its fun playing with all these colors.

Since I am very close to having the quilt top completed, I'm starting to think about what sort of quilting pattern I'll use on it and what sort of back I'll put on. I'm leaning toward a small yellow/blue floral for the back. I was in the local fabric store yesterday where I can get just plain white or unbleached muslin in the very wide fabric for a back, but that is just so ORDINARY! I really do like a print for the back but every print they had in the wide fabrics was just WRONG! So, today I shall take a trip around some on line sites and see what I can find. Failing that, there are quilt shops near by that I can go and look in.

Time to get moving.....

No comments: