Monday, July 30, 2007

Sunday in the cake factory.....















I spent a lot of time yesterday in the kitchen working on cake and flowers for the wedding.

These two pictures are the white royal icing flowers for the cakes --- all 125! of them --- ready to be packed into the plastic containers until I start placing them on the cake. It took me a total of about 4 hours to make all of these, and I got faster as I went along. I'm especially proud of the rose buds because I had to figure them out on my own.

One half of the wedding cake has been baked, wrapped and stashed in the freezer. I'm hoping to get 2 more layers baked today, which will leave me with only the chocolate layers to do. I'm feeling pretty good about being on schedule to get this done a bit ahead of time.



Progress is being made on the quilt design. Our work space for this project has taken over the dining room table (which of course puts a kink in our cooking overflow, etc. and leads to whining -- by me -- of needing a really good studio space and a bigger kitchen -- you know how that goes!)

We have worked out a sort of pattern for the progress on this. The DH is doing the drawing (except for the Japanese character, which I did), then he inks in the part he is happy with and I get to do the coloring. When we get all done with the drawing/coloring part, I'll be transfering everything to freezer paper. This will be another combination of paper piecing/applique/embroidery, and I'm already thinking about doing a whole other design for the quilting and doing that from the back.



Another afghan square completed late last night.

Laundry and baking await......onward!

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

"You'll be swell! You'll be great!
Gonna have the whole world on the plate!
Starting here, starting now,
honey, everything's coming up roses!" (Thankfully, no daffodils!)
Looking good!

Bev said...

they are looking good, and are now packed carefully in a plastic container until its time to put them on the cake!