Wednesday, July 11, 2007

working in slow motion.....

yesterday was one of those rare days when it was actually humid here in the high desert.....and the wind was blowing like crazy so there was a lot of dust in the air too.....sort of feels like you're breathing under the surface of a mud puddle....ICK!

We went off to run a few errands -- a trip to the hardware store for a dowel rod so I can make the second jester stick for the order I took over the weekend -- a visit to the grocery for milk and such -- stopped by the place where I'm scheduled to begin the final cake decorating class on Friday and found that unless 2 more people sign up by then, the class will be cancelled....NUTS! Hopefully there are just folks that operate on "last minute" time.

I went through my smaller pieces of fur and found something I can use to make the latest jester head from. These pieces take just a little fabric, so I hate to cut into something that is big enough for a whole bear. After the trip to the hardware store, the stick is in process, so we'll be able to paint/stain that soon. Still need to see if I have enough stuff to create the hat and collar or if I will need to make a trip to the fabric store for some pieces.

Progress is being made on the toucan. I'm ready to attach his beak, then all that will need to be done is to stitch the back seam and sew up the tail feathers. Since I will be setting up the sewing machine for a couple of other projects, I may do the tail pieces that way.....they are pretty basic, no extra fancy piecing required.




I finished another afghan block, now only 3 are needed to be able to mail off a package. At the current rate, about this time next week it should be in the mail.

hopefully today I'll get more done!

No comments: